Search This Blog

Monday, March 13, 2017

Antique break down

Ok...had an appointment at the Southern Farm Bureau clinic for a blood draw early this morning. My 3 month blood sugar check. Ugh. My vein collapsed before she was done. It hurt! Had to do another stick on other arm. On a good note, lost 3 pounds since Christmas. I'll take it. Headed out to swim class.  Saw this right out front. 

 

I thought they were fake!!

 

If you look closely, the one on the right is hissing at me!! Apparently it is nesting season. I think the pansy bed is a lovely spot for a nest, guys. 

 

Ed went to pull out his undie drawer this morning and I had packed it so full that he had to yank it. 

 

The whole front came off. Antique dovetail joinery gave way. 

 

Love our antiques. Look at that grapevine detail. But they are fragile. 

 

Here are their sister pieces. We had such fun collecting them. This one held a small TV. How primitive!!

 

Our house plan we chose and loved was an Historical Replications house. However it had a very "historic" plan for storage. We had to supplement with case pieces. 

 

Also on board in the bedroom is Mom's drum table. One of the first purchases she and Dad made for their first house. Ed said "maybe we should look into buying a bedroom suite". I said um NO. 

 

Oh and we are all having a hard time adjusting to the time change. Ju ju is wide awake and in my space. 


1 comment:

  1. Well, all these Antiques reach a breakdown point. Especially these 90 year old humane ones. I do love the old things too. MOM

    ReplyDelete