Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2014

then and now

So...the doorbell rings...I answer it...she is standing there waiting...
 


Sophie's preserved wedding dress. A little creepy? And yes I procrastinated a bit in having it done. So I set it on my bed and sent a text about it to Sophie. I turn around and look what happened.
 

Curiosity got the cat. Shooed him off and got my dress down so I could stack them together in my closet.
 
 
The 80's meets the 20 teens (is that what we call this decade?). We got married very close to 30 years apart. Hey her decade did not have little bows and cupids on the box. Mine is darker than hers. I'm not sure if it yellowed or was originally a different shade. The tape from back then is coming loose from mine. Hers is shrink wrapped .
 
So I went to get a ladder to put them away and came back to this ...
 

What a loser.
 




2 comments:

  1. I wonder what that cat was up to? I do hope yours is not ruined . Seems no one want's to wear their mother's dress anymore. Maybe a granddaughter of yours will? MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it must need to skip a generation

    ReplyDelete