Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Bats and such

Ok...surely I got your attention with that title. This little guy showed up yesterday on our back porch.
 
 
He must have been young because usually brown bats are bigger than this. I left him alone because the last time I shooed one away it ended badly (Truffles). When I sent this picture to Sophie and Mary Grace , Sophie replied "He bite you!". That is a reference to a saying Christ said as a toddler. It comes in handy . He disappeared with the darkness.
 
I've got to get a better handle on this blood sugar stuff. Not been very good of late. So here is a healthier alternative to chicken rice casserole, one of everyone's favorites for leftover chicken. Kicked into healthy town with brown rice, plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, low fat cheese and 5 whole wheat crackers on top.
 
 
 It was pretty good.
 
I realized  that I never posted pics of the kitchen renovation.
 

Sorry I don't have before pics here. It was a complete gut though.
 

Love the vertical cut carbonized (darker) bamboo. It hid a lot of sins. There was an asbestos tile floor and another vinyl tile floor that we covered.
 


The little tile mix behind the stove was our starting point. She fell in love with it and we built out from there.
 

Great light fixtures.
 

The backsplash was a hand poured and glazed tile, hence the variation and wider grout to accommodate the individual slightly different tile. Love how it looks.
 

The happy owners. Now on to the bathrooms!





 


2 comments:

  1. I like the new color of your blog, but I miss the books. Kitchen looks so good. I know they are happy with it. You have a natural talent plus you know what you are doing. I would trust you with any project. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know the books were gone!

    ReplyDelete