Search This Blog

Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Col-pear Report

That post title was really bad. Sorry all. But the pear's time had come.

 
So far so good.
 
 
It was good...not great or perfect. Good texture, no graininess. Juicy, but lacked some sweetness. I guess I would call that success.
 
Making some of Sophie's Chicken Quinoa Chili. It really is more like taco soup and is made in the crockpot. All you do is dump ingredients in and turn on low for the day. It even has raw chicken and quinoa in it.
 
 
I'll send a pic when it is done. I'll take this on our annual Ellis girl trip tomorrow. We are staying in a house on a bayou near Bay Saint Louis on the Mississippi coast. 5 girls and Brody! Should be some good posts coming up!
 
Also made these carrot muffins to take. The recipe called them cupcakes and piled them high with cream cheese frosting, but I think they taste good on their own.
 
 
And a little Sponge Bob couldn't hurt.
 

They have pineapple, 4 cups of carrot, raisins and pecans. Only a 1/3 oil and I used a little sugar substitute made for baking. They taste really good.
 



1 comment: