Search This Blog

Monday, April 21, 2014

Big splash

We have recently replaced all of our appliances. I was particularly glad to see the old stove go. However, I can't help but think of all the food I cooked there for the last 26 years. Some would say they have seen way too many pictures of that food right here. So no food for today. Just a do it yourself project. Since this was not a total kitchen remodel, we didn't want to spend very much on this project. You may remember the stove story from an old post. Here is how the backsplash went down...or should I say up? Step one - find a cute installer. Fortunately for me, I found one "handy".

 
Making sure it is level.
 

Oh wait ,it hardly matters as not one other surface was level or straight.
 

These were self adhesive stainless steel tiles
 

All your had to do was peel and stick them on. With a little jiggling Ed got it looking great.
 

We were very happy with the results.
 
When we went on our girl trip to Bay St. Louis, I could not find a charm for my bracelet. Mary Grace and Ryan were headed for the coast last week for a food convention, so I asked her to look for one to represent our little bayou house. When they got back, Ryan was so excited to give it to me. He had me hold out my hand and he dropped the charm in it. Take a look at the one he picked.
 

Um...not exactly the subject (or the scale) I was expecting. He got such a kick out of it. To serve him right, I wore it to church and showed everyone. Sophie said I had to get one that said Paul to be fair. When the giant brass collection plate came to me it made a big ringing clang when I passed it. Please notice the cute little alligator MG picked out for me right next to Ryan.
 
Look what happened to the wreath on Mary Grace's door.
 
 
Look very close at the top. A wren built a nest and this is one of three babies,
 

So cute.
 

Here are the other two.

 

 



 

1 comment:

  1. Your kitchen project looks so good. I will have to come see it some day soon. Oh I loved the wren pictures. Those two who live there can really raise animals and birds and chickens.. Sort of a gift I guess. MOM

    ReplyDelete