Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Give them what they want...

...sometimes. I'd been having some complaints (Ivy) that everyone was not feeling satisfied after eating my healthy meals. I asked Ed to pick how I cooked the lean ground beef I got at Fresh Market. He of course picked the unhealthiest way. Oh well. Hamburger steak with mushroom gravy (actually I added the mushroom idea).
 

Real mashed potatoes. Ok I added a little Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Shhhh.
 


Canned English peas.
 

My mom and my mamaw always added a little butter and milk to Leseur peas. Not sure why. I have actually found that Kroger brand is really ok.
 

Had a bit of fun today. Took Candy to see my mom's Easter singing program.
 

It is always good to see her enjoying herself. The music was great, including a bit of Mozart sung in Latin. Can you see her?
 

Now its my turn to complain about a picture. I must be using parenthesis too much in the blog because now they are showing up on my face ))). Yuck.


 
 

2 comments:

  1. Your hamburger steak looks yummy and of course you are right about the peas. Forgive us for we did not know any better. No wonder too my chocolate pie was good as I added almost a stick of margarine. Truman would eat two pieces. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that pie was always so good. But dad always stayed trim!

    ReplyDelete