Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Roasted chicken

...one of my favorite dinners to make. As it appears my "pirogue" has sailed and I have to get back to smart eating again. Check out the healthy spin I put on it. Ed asked why I didn't buy a rotisserie one at Kroger...silly man. I always tease my good friend Bev about this recipe because she tried more than once to make it and it never got done in the center. She even brought it out of the fridge a second time and tried to cook it more and it still failed. First trim all the fat you paid for, off of it.
 

Second, dispatch your cat helper if possible
 
 
I even cut off the tail, it has lots of fat. Cut slits in the skin to hold legs.
Fold wings underneath. I like to cook the liver too.

 
Dry it off. If you leave it wet, it sort of steams it. It makes me mad that they inject the chick with water. You have to pour it off halfway through cooking.
 
 
Rub with a little butter, lemon zest and rosemary. It is the only herb that survived the winter
 
 
Put celery and lemon into cavity
 
 
I found these tiny potatoes and Brussels's sprouts. Mushrooms and carrots round it out.
 

Garlic salt on veggies.
 

Roast for 15 mins at 425 degrees, turn down to 350 for another hour or more
 

Didn't get a pic before Ivy attacked it.
 
Walked with Candy this morning and found what I used to call a Barbie wedding bouquet bush.
 

Bridal wreath spirea
 
Ok now this is getting scary. The gloves are meeting up.
 

More spring flowers.
 
 
And finally , tell me, would you hire this handy person?
 
 


 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh you do a beautiful roasted chicken!!. I did not teach you that. I depended on paprika to make mine pretty. I am totally convinced that someone is setting you up with the glove saga. At least I hope that is the case.

    ReplyDelete