Search This Blog

Thursday, September 26, 2013

the classics

     I always try to keep a pantry meal on hand. I say try because sometimes I slip up. After helping Ryan take care of Mary Grace post wisdom teeth removal, I didn't want to stop at the store. Open the pantry for a few cans and there you have it. Classics...


Mom's salmon croquettes and Linda's scalloped tomatoes. Round that out with rice and a can of green veg of your choice. Ivy has gotten interested in cooking and made the croquettes. The scalloped tomatoes are so crunchy and good. Mary Grace is doing well and I had to solemnly swear I would not take pics and post them.
 
Now beware this next picture because it is highly addictive...
 
 
I'm strolling through the freezer section of my local Kroger, congratulating yourself. I had just passed through the Halloween section...hey, there's no other way to dog food! Staggering just a bit because I was slightly intoxicated by chocolate fumes and a little freaked out by some skull in a shapeless shift that yelled at me, I had made it all the way through the aisle without one bag of delicious candy in my cart. Not one baby Butterfinger, not one perfect two bite Payday, not even a trace of tiny, fresh, crunchy, exactly the right amount of chocolate per bite HEATH bars, so come on cut me a little slack here.  So I breath the cool, fresh , no scent air of the freezer section and round the corner almost home...and bam! Some cruel marketer had set up a cute little display filled with candy corn. It was set up like a continuous feed dog food bowl. You pulled out your little bag and another one drops into it's place. Oh, those little precious pumpkins! They would look so cute in a little dish on the counter. Beware. They taste good with your coffee. They taste wonderful with your salad. They taste even perfect just grabbing a few as you pass them on the way for a walk (ok I made that part up but I may go for a walk soon). So there are things even scarier than goblins and ghosts...like trying to zip last seasons jeans....muahahahahaha....


1 comment:

  1. Oh how cute you made that little candy drama. Your love of candy is all my fault. I made it such fun to fine candy at the end of your bed on days I went to the grocery store, which was by the way only once a week. That was the only day I had our one car., Better days were ahead when we did have one car and a Bank car for T.
    MOM














































    ank car for T. Mom

    ReplyDelete