Search This Blog

Friday, September 6, 2013

luscious shellfish

   If you don't like oysters you may want to stop reading. I happen to love oysters as most of my family do. Every year at the beach we consume 2 whole gallons. Whitney brings them from Pensacola. Well as you know this cold has gone through the family. I felt guilty that I gave it to MG and she gave it to Ryan. He asked for some of that oyster soup from the beach. How could I not? Well Kroger had some great looking ones.


If you are an oyster lover, you will understand how great this is,if you aren't you will be disgusted. I forgot to take a pic of the finished stew. But trust me. It was creamy, buttery and had little cracker dumplings happily floating in it. It was so good I didn't even think of putting hot sauce in it.
 
 
This is the time of year when the light changes, sounds change and you begin to feel that fall is coming. It is still hot as all get out and crazy humid, but it feels different. Here is a little video with the cicadas singing.
 

The dogs thought I was nuts and came back inside immediately.


 

1 comment:

  1. Could be me but I could not get the cicada to sing MOM

    ReplyDelete