Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The search continues

     The search continues for more great stuff for the Woolverton new house. Nothing is more important to the daily life of the home than a kitchen table. Candy had this old table for many years and it will work beautifully as their breakfast table. It came out of her grandparents bar restaurant in Omaha, Nebraska. Wish it could tell us it's stories. So we set out to find the perfect chairs. After a minimum amount of searching and a break for sushi, we found these.

 
 
As a reward following the placement of the chairs, we sat in them and had this.
 
 
It is the best pistachio gelato. And I had the added treat of a Grinch spoon that changed color with the cold. I know you are jealous. Also check out those cute tiny bowls and what they say.
 

     My friend Medea came to visit this weekend. We had a lot of fun, but you wouldn't know it because I took no pictures. Well I took one. Mary Grace and Ryan made breakfast for us Saturday morning. It was so nice. Medea was impressed. Yes those are mimosas...

 
I had a big batch of flowers left from Sunday's church arrangement. Mom and I usually split them up and take them to people to cheer up their day, but I had some left. I saw this big jar on my garage shelves and it made me smile.
 

It is a big ole gallon jar that was my Mamaw Brown's. I always loved it. She always used it for Amazing Sea Monkeys. Now if you are younger than 40-50 you probably don't know what that is. I'm not even sure I know what they were. It was some kind of aquatic creature you could order through the mail! They looked like little swimming monkeys. I will have to google them to find out just what kind of horror we were creating with that idea. Anybody else know or remember them?
 

 

3 comments:

  1. I am under 40, and I had Sea Monkeys as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember the jar or sea monkeys. I must be way over the age limit. The chairs remind me of my chairs I gave Cary and David. I would like some Sea Monkeys. I sent Liam shopping money for his birthday, maybe he needs some monkeys. The flowers look beautiful. I made four arrangements out of the ones I took. Made some people happy and me too. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Grace tells me we had them when she was a kid! sometimes you forget things

    ReplyDelete