Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Day

...well I tell you that stupid cold just keeps on moving through the ranks. Mary Grace got it after me and felt awful. The next day Ryan succombed. We had planned a cookout for our family on Monday afternoon. They wanted to come so much that they still made food and came. I am eating the last of the potato salad as I write this. Yes it is my breakfast. We are so lucky to have good cooks in the family. Ed and I made ribs, corn and homemade chocolate ice cream. Ryan made beans and potato salad. Sophie and Paul made broccoli slaw. Mary Grace made a couple of cocktails. One with St. Germain which I had never had. Very summery. And I must say that Ivy cleaned up all the nasty dishes! It was all fun except Ryan felt bad and couldn't enjoy himself. Believe it our not I didn't take a single food picture!! I guess I was enjoying the moment. I just love being surrounded by my babies. But that morning I took some sweet pics at the pool.

 
Here is Lucy, Keifer and Candy
 
 
We love it when Chelsea and Willa (Bill's little namesake) come to the pool. We get to play with Keifer and new mom gets to get out of the house and be outside. Willa is 7 weeks.
 
 
Aren't they precious? While cleaning the house yesterday Ed and I realized we didn't need a 6 person breakfast table. We folded the pub table where we had raised a family to seat 2. How is that?! A little sad when I was cleaning it and found evidence of all that had happened around that table. Meals, crafts, schoolwork, birthday parties. So many good times preserved in gunk between the seams. A kitchen table is the heart of the home , don't you think?
 


Maybe I'll put together a little montage of the life of the table. And just think if was over a hundred years old when it came to live with us!
 


 

1 comment:

  1. Kitchen table. My what memories it holds. I started to write about it one time, but it proved too big to handle. Your table holds so much more. Even before you gave it a new home, I bet it could tell many stories. I guess I am too nostalgic. Mom

    ReplyDelete