Search This Blog

Monday, August 12, 2013

ying and yang

 
Very busy weekend, very sad weekend and yet very happy weekend. In fact I was so busy that I took absolutely no pictures. All I can post are some wimpy leftover pictures. The sad part was the funeral of another dear old friend. We grew up in Broadmeadow Youth group together and I was close friends with his sister. Oh we had so much fun together back then.       On the opposite end of the spectrum we had a fabulous baby shower for Cary and David's baby Brody. Sophie and Paul hosted it at their house. The theme was bow ties for the new little man. It was great. All I have  to show you is the remains of the bow tie petit fors. That is also the rest of the chocolate pie left from the family dinner we had Sunday. Whitney and Karis came from Pensacola. Karis was the star as the only little one. Whitney told her a new baby was coming and she said "No, I'm the baby!"


here is a pic of some of the flowers

 
On Sunday we had lunch with some cousins. They were my Aunt D's children, Jimmy and wife Lois and Sally from New York. We all enjoyed catching up and it was almost like the reunion. Jimmy said he had not had butter beans this good since his Dad's garden days. I had to agree and had more for breakfast the next day with a piece of that pie....please don't judge me
 
 
Here's one from the vault....I still miss that sweet pug
 
 
(not to mention that little girl)
 

1 comment: