Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Design buzz

    So, I've spent the last two days IN a daze...a design daze. Candy decided to buy a smaller house and yard. She found the perfect one in Summertree! It is right across the green space from my backyard.    Well thanks to Bill's great financial planning she has the luxury of moving in slowly and deciding what to take and not take from the old house. The scale of the houses is so different that a lot of the gigantic furniture simply won't fit.
    So to put a positive spin on things, I told her how much fun it will be to start from scratch. I took her to several stores, antique malls and showrooms to let her get ideas. She saw so many things she liked and kept wanting to buy things. I said "no it's a looking day", as my mom used to say. Candy replies that "she is a gatherer not a hunter". I was able to rein her in and showed her lots of things.
    The next day I explained that rugs are the first things to pick and focus from there. We rolled into my favorite rug place owned by a mutual friend of both of us, Colleen . Picture this.... Candy laid out on a two foot high pile of rugs like Cleopatra, as we flip through the racks of 8x10 gorgeous rugs . She had everyone in the store laughing. We found several good candidates. Today we get to go in the new house to measure and think. At the end of the day as we were getting in the car, Candy says "You know, you should do this for a living". Now why didn't I think of that?
   

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous. I remember what a help you were to me, and how pleased I was and still am with what we did together, Cleopatra? What a hoot she is. MOM The computer still refuses to send my e-mail to you. I sent one to Jan to test. It worked for her.

    ReplyDelete