Search This Blog

Friday, August 30, 2013

sweet sister

ok, one the best sweet treats from my Jackson childhood was a "Fudge Square" from Primos. It was perfect, not overly sweet but dark good chocolate, sort of a brownie but better. It was iced on top with more dark chocolate and had pecans all through it ... perfect.
and how did they keep it from sticking to the pan? why that would be a layer of SUGAR.
Oh, yeah
 
 
  Well my sweet sister Jan brought me one, well half of one. I was delighted and began eating it immediately. She told me that her neighbor had given it to her. I said "oh how great of you to give me half of your special treat!". I was munching away happily and glanced over at her and noticed a sheepish look on her face. I said "What?" She hung her head and said "Actually she gave me 4" ! So it was not as much of a sacrifice as I thought , but that doesn't diminish the gift, right?

2 comments:

  1. You two "girls" are so bad when it comes to chocolate. I have not thought of Promos fudge squares in a long time. Are they the same as "yesterday"? Mom

    ReplyDelete