Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

lots of chick

With a plethora of leftover fried chicken from the Reunion, if you can believe that, I had to come up with some solutions. Mary Grace always makes the best chicken salad so I made hers.
 
 
There are only 3 main ingredients. Chop chicken very fine. Chop celery very fine too. Add enough mayonaise to look right. Ha ha. Salt and pepper to taste. It is so pure and fine tasting. She got the idea from the Crown Restaurant in Indianola. MG asked our waitress what was in it and she told us! I usually put all kinds of stuff in it and leave big chunks, which has its place. But this makes a really good sandwich. I also made chicken and dumplings with some of the chicken too. Still miss Uncle Cecil's most. I use frozen dumplings.
 
Also took some lady peas to the Reunion. They have been so good this year.
 
 
so tiny...
 
 
 
Just a little cuteness.
 
 
I think we both have gained weight sitting around during this hot summer.

1 comment:

  1. I like M.G,'s chicken salad too, but I thought she was the originator of the master piece. I think several others thought we needed fried chicken. Better too much than not enough. Leftovers are the best. MOM

    ReplyDelete