Search This Blog

Monday, August 24, 2015

Meat story

As I was composing this post I realized it is a story of meat. Starting off with the fillets MG and Ryan gave Ed for his birthday. They buy them whole from their beef purveyer and cut it themselves. I guess butchering is a good skill for a daughter to have. They were so tender and perfect. All I added was a little seasoning. No marinating needed.
 
 
She seems to like it, or at least the finished product.

 
They had the after church crowd over for lunch Sunday. We had gyros, pita mozz, hummus and fries. They made those big flat kind that Keifer's makes in sweet and white. We all loved it.

 
Now to the endless chicken. I promise that this might be the last Sam's story y'all have to hear. One giant rotisserie chicken (have you seen them?) became - dinner one night - chicken salad - Poppy seed chicken - froze the carcass with meat still on it for soup.

 
I made Poppy seed light version for 2. It turned out great.
 
Mix together:
One giant chicken breast
1/2 can healthy request cream of chicken soup
1/3 C reduced fat sour cream
1/2 t poppy seeds
 
Crush:
6 whole wheat ritz
 
Spread on top and spray with canola oil spray
 
Bake at 350 until browned on top.
 
Ok... now for the especially good news.

 
One of our favorite books with one of my favorite actors and director! May need to reread in preparation.

1 comment:

  1. I like the sound of your version of Poppy Seed Chicken. I need to half it again for me. Not worth the trouble or is it? MOM

    ReplyDelete