Search This Blog

Sunday, August 16, 2015

rays of sunshine

I've been trying something a little different at church. To be cost effective we have cut our florist provided arrangements this summer. I have used some simple things on the altar. This week I found some stupendous sunflowers. There were 15 giant blooms in a clear vase. Got lots of good comments. On good friend mentioned the need to protect her ear...a la Vincent van Gogh.
 
 
After church I shared some with Mom , Candy and myself.

 
I thought they looked excellent in my Pickenpaugh pot. Mom and I met MG and Ryan at Anjou per her request. Apparently a french dip sandwich was on her mind. They have a jazz brunch on Sunday, so Ryan and I enjoyed a great Eggs Benedict on croissant, Mom had quiche Loraine and MG her coveted sandwich. All were excellent. But to our surprise in walked Candy, Lucy and her roomate, Kim from Texas.

 
This was later at home. Two more rays of sunshine! I'll sure miss Lu when she goes back to Springhill.

2 comments:

  1. Aww Amy! I'm gonna miss you so much!

    Love the sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sunflowers sure made a lot of people happy. Including me. MOM

    ReplyDelete