Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

just words

Well, I still can't get pictures from my phone to my computer. The down side to living with a computer expert is, once they have done that all day, the last thing they want to solve is more computer problems. Lucy tried to fix it (when in doubt ask a young person). So I guess I'll have to post in words...what a novel idea. Readers may think they have stumbled into Thedotspot.blogspot.com!
So after an uncomfortable worship service and subsequent lunch at Little Tokyo this Sunday, I realized my dress was too tight. There were no more excuses left. As if high blood pressure and blood sugar were not enough incentive. I'm committed again to losing it. I wanted to show you pics of my virtuous meals. Let's just suffice it to say that I met my BUMC circle at the Manship restaurant and I triumphed. The Duroc pork shoulder and grits called to me. The BLT with pecan smoked bacon beckoned. The Redfish Burger on house made ciabatta practically swam to my plate. But I stood fast. I ordered the veggie plate. Broccolini, tabouleh, cauliflower and okra (ok it was fried, whole!). I only had one bite of the tiramisu someone ordered for the table. So after a swim this morning I am only more committed. Wish me luck. I'll need it. 

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck. And I mean it. I know you can do it-no luck needed. Take me with you, my clothes are a little too snug for comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After 5 days in NYC my clothes are snug as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This time for sure! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete