Search This Blog

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Spontaneous

Yes, I said spontaneous. Ed and I. We decided Friday night that we wanted to drive to the coast for some good food and a getaway. Mary Grace agreed to feed the animals and we were free. Earlier in the week my new rug came in. The dogs had really done in the old one. I decided to let it lie, untouched, unthrown-up on, unsmelled up and unfurred for a few more days.
 
 
So we took  off. I convinced Ed to stop at Crescent City Grill instead of Krystal. Yay!
 
 
Shrimp poboys. Ok, so the downside to spontaneity. We could not find a room on the beach. So we settled for this view. 

 
Yes that is the Krispy Kreme drive-through from our room at the Econolodge. Don't be jealous. Then we headed to one of our favorites...The Blowfly Inn.

 
Beautiful views of the bay.

 
Ed is still not over the Econolodge accomadations.

 
He began to get happy as the sun set and...


 
...these came.

 
This was the perfect seafood platter.

 
It was all good. We split it and there was still too much. I can't tell you how hot and great it all was. There was catfish, shrimp, oysters, little stuffed crabs, corn fritters and hushpuppies. Ahhh.

 
As we pulled into our home away from home I captured the sun setting on the palm trees...by the Krispy Kreme. Next morning I even managed to get a Cracker Barrel breakfast.
 
Mary Grace and Ryan's latest project. Kitchen perk up.

 
Old cabinets...

 
...getting painted.

 
Hardware sprayed,

 
They look good.
 
We got home and laid out the new rug. 5 minutes later Truff is on the job.

 
So adios, old friend. You were a beautiful rug. Sorry you were so mistreated and kicked to the curb. I like to picture some trash picker thinking they found a great looking rug. only to ride around the block and begin to realize the smelly reason for its disposal.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you did pretty good with no advance planning. I guess that is good sometime. The point is-getting away. I always am happy to eat good food as a part of it. You did good there. What is wrong with Cracker Barrel? Especially for breakfast. MOM

    ReplyDelete