Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

WLB

Here's another addition to the Amy's weird leftover breakfast (WLB) file. Christmas turkey chili. Don't tell Ed that I spilled a bean on the keyboard just now.
 
 
Got to church Sunday to find the sanctuary in darkness. We had a bad storm the night before that must have damaged something. We rallied and moved to the small chapel. Since the Sunday after Christmas is historically one of the 2 poorest attended (post Easter being the other), we fit in there nicely. It was very cozy. 

 
Ed came in the other day proudly displaying a can of sardines. He kept saying how much he loved them. When we opened the can there were only 2 fish in it! He decided to sauté them with onion to make a little appetizer.

 
We both ate a cracker or two with this on it. Both agreed it was ok. Didn't want to hurt his feelings. I left to run an errand, hoping it would be gone when I got back. When I came back I didn't see it anywhere. Asked Ed where it was and he said "in the trash...at least we ate the little fish". Y'all may remember the disastrous sardine salad I tried months ago. So we can officially cross these super healthy delicacies off the list. Yuck.

 
Love this view? I got to enjoy it for 2 and 1/2 hours while waiting for Mom during her annual check up. She said it was a comedy of errors back there. But she got all good reports so far.

 
Fortunately I had a good book to read.

 
Spaghetti is a good antidote to Christmas fare. I have learned to make a small batch. Ed likes his baked with cheese like his Mama used to make it.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting day you had. At least different. Sardines were very cheap when I was a girl. Mama bought them often. I think they were five cents a can. Mashed up with mayo and a little onion--eaten on crackers with perhaps cheese made a good light supper then. My My --things we remember.. Thanks for taking me to my major event. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you mean tuna surprise? (The surprise is it's sardines!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes , Lucy , that's the one.

    ReplyDelete