Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Next...

Well loved recipes I used for Thanksgiving
 
 
The next big event after Thanksgiving is not Christmas but Punkin Chunkin.

 
We gathered on the deck.

 
Mary Grace and Daphne started off.

 
Paul got good distance on this one.

 
The aftermath.

 
Truffles loves to eat the spoils. She got so excited when we were carrying them out.

 
Everyone has been talking about eating leftover pie for breakfast.

 
But this is what I like...leftover dressing. I remember doing this back before microwave ovens. You actually had to heat leftovers up in a pan on the stove. Imagine that!

 
Mom has been busy bringing cheer to her part of St. C's. Residents volunteered to take sections of the hallway to decorate. Looks good, Mom. 

 
One last food thing, Shrimp seemed like a welcome change from turkey. I love this Shrimp Stroganoff recipe in Southern Sideboards. I didn't have the mushrooms and artichoke hearts but it is still great with that insane sour cream sauce.

1 comment:

  1. And fun was had by all? Where was Ed? Sour cream makes ANYTHING good. Such an elegant ingredient. Ignore me--I just had a glass of wine at this fabulous party here, MOM

    ReplyDelete