Search This Blog

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas Eve

 
The old poem says, "Only God can make a tree". But I gave it a shot. Using leftover tree clippings and some trimmings from our boxwood out front, I made mini trees for the table. Ed later wondered what was wrong with that shrub I used.
 
 
The process was much more arduous than I expected. So enjoy the first and last mini trees for Christmas.
 

They turned out pretty cute. The bases were old aluminum jello molds. Loved this burlap ribbon I found.
 


I used smaller molds to hold tealights. The shape of the mold reflected light.

 
The "kid" table.

 
Mom and her two nieces, Karen and Kathy. They are her late brother Jack's daughters. Sure do miss Jack and Charlotte at these gatherings. Always loved to hear him pick on Mom. Who else would do that? And two of Charlotte's great dishes were there. Her fabulous brownies and baked beans. We always have fried chicken as a tradition that goes back to when Mom and Jack's mom, hosted the celebration.

 
Of course Brody was the star of the show. We all just sit and ooh and aah over everything he does. I'm pretty sure he is a genius. It reminds me of when Whitney was the only baby.

 
Jan's house looked great.


 
 
The great nephews and one niece. Josh, Natalie and Eli. Ashley was not there.

 
It was so much fun catching up.

No comments:

Post a Comment