Search This Blog

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Advent activities

One of my favorite parts of Advent is attending Lessons and Carols at Millsaps. It is always a very sacred start to the season. I went with Broadmeadow's combined circles. These are some of the great ladies whose company I enjoy. We had lunch at Manship restaurant.
 
 
I chose the veggie plate. Roasted beets, cauliflower, Lebanese rice dressing and Jerusalem artichokes.
 If like me you wondered what Jerusalem artichokes are, let me tell you they don't come from Jerusalem nor are they artichokes. They are actually from the sunflower family and grow underground like a potato. They are touted as very good for diabetics. However they did have a little unpleasant surprise for me later. I googled them only to find out that they are nicknamed ....ready for this?..."fartichokes". Enough said. Not sure they will be a steady part of my diet.
 
 
They were however, extremely delicious.

2 comments:

  1. You look like a lovely rose among a corn stalk patch. How does it feel to be youngest and sweetest of all. I am proud of you. MOM

    ReplyDelete