Search This Blog

Saturday, December 21, 2013

kiss kiss

 
One of the most anticipated events during the holidays just happened! A phone call from Kissing Santa himself. He usually says something clever like "Ho, ho, ho, hello Amy"
 

Before you laugh, let me take a moment to shed some light on his history. In my early artistic years, I went through a prolific paper mache period. This rare remaining piece may be all that is left of my paper legacy. There used to be a cat, pig and three wise men. Jan fell in love with this guy, who is based on a huge Chianti bottle. His very well endowed lips inspired his nick name. Stop by Jan's and give him a kiss. Then you can have a Hershey's kiss out of the coffee can covered in a laced up  Santa boot. Did I mentions my felt artistic period? It was right up there with the folded page Sears catalog Christmas tree.


2 comments:

  1. Kissing Santa should make an appearance in the St. Catherine's showcase. What a stir he would cause. I remember all those phases you had. MOM

    ReplyDelete