Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

greenery

   ahhh look at that fresh greenery on the door. Can't you just imagine us gathering it in local forests? Rushing in with flushed cheeks and frozen fingers? We rush in to drink hot cocoa by the roaring fire, happy we have brought light and evergreens to our humble door, to symbolize everlasting light and life.

 
You would be very wrong I'm sorry to say. Candy and I were burning up when we cut the eucalyptus quite illegally on the green belt behind our house. I bet the neighbor was glad we trimmed those overhanging limbs. And it was so hot and humid as I hung this that I was sweating like a Christmas pig. I was wearing shorts and flip flops and I still had to come in and change my shirt. The air conditioner was running.
 
 
It smells really nice.
 
 
It's a tepid Mississippi holiday.
 
 
So let me go and put my feet up now and have a nice steamy spiced cider...scratch that. An icy gin and tonic will do just fine. Ryan always calls my G&T's Christmas trees...I'll drink to that.
 
 
 

1 comment: