Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

The Most Interesting Dog

I don't often drink beer , but when I do...ok he just looks the part ...right?
 
 
Horseapples...not sure what next.


Mom's latest play . A radio show.

 
She was part of the Andrews sisters act. Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy. And Rum and Coca Cola. One of the sisters was tipsy!! Theatrically of course 

 
The cast

 
Mom , post performance.

 
The stalwart crew. Jan had left. They discouraged family guests but we sneaked in and stood at the back. It was so good!!!

 
Mom and Elvis
 
After being sent away  for several weeks, she is back.
 
 
My Mamaw chair. I still can see her sitting here, watching Johnny Carson and painting her nails Cutex pink. I have sat in it most evenings of my life. This is the fourth time I have reupholstered it.

 
When I picked it up the guy who did the upholstery had a tale to tell. I was afraid he would be disgusted about all the cheerios, pens, hair clips, etc. he found inside of it. But, no, he was actually reverent.  I asked how old he thought the chair was. Mentioning my assumption that it was from the 30's or maybe  20's based on my grandparent's history. He said the chair was over a 100 years old and originally was stuffed with hay!! I know a lot about antiques but would not have pegged that! They stripped it to the frame and even repaired that in a spot. Well , I'm ready to enjoy it a lot longer. Not sure who will want it after me...

1 comment:

  1. So many good pictures. I must talk to you about the chair. It has been around as long as I can remember. I had no idea it was that old. Where did you get the horse apples? Truman used to pick them up on Old Canton, by the Library. Lets just put THE RADIO SHOW to bed. Thanks again for coming. MOM

    ReplyDelete