Search This Blog

Thursday, August 21, 2014

New beginnings

Just got through catching up on Whitney's blog. Reading about the last days of their summer and the first day of their school brought back a flood of memories. It was Liam's first day of kindergarten so that is particularly poignant. I clearly remember each of my girl's first day of kindergarten. Care to walk down memory lane with me?
 
Sophie - waved goodbye from the porch as she walked to the corner to get on the bus. I was hugely pregnant with Ivy and had a 2 year old Mary Grace hanging on my leg.
 
Mary Grace - I met friends Vick, Medea, Bev and a couple of others that I can't remember at the new McDonald's in Madison. Bev and I weren't as sad as the others because we still had one at home.
 
Ivy - thought this day would never come. Went to see a movie every single day that week, sometimes alone or with a friend. I saw The Sixth Sense two days in a row. If you have seen it you understand why. I felt so free.
 
I think that by the third time I realized how to enjoy my time without them. I'm sure Whitney will too. So as I write this I am about to ride with Candy to move Lucy into Springhill College. I'm so excited for her. I'm not sure how Candy will be on the way home. How will she learn to enjoy her time alone? We will see.
 
Be sure to check her blog
 
tospringhillandbeyond.BlogSpot.com


1 comment:

  1. You have such a good memory. I am glad. I remember some but not as much as I wish. I am always telling people to "make memories" and I come up short with mine sometime. I do remember Jan going to first grade and how sad I was.--result==Amy. MOM

    ReplyDelete