Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

too busy to post

I hate it when I am too busy to post and my pics pile up. So hang on this may be a long one.
 

Remember beef stroganoff?
 

has to be served on egg noodles. I cooked some whole wheat penne for me and it was not right.
 

When I was visiting the barnyard the other day , we let the girls roam.
 

Buddy was scratching to get out too. He is so cute. We let him out as well.
 

In related news this was my breakfast the next day.
 
 
Book club at Pam's. Always the spectacular hostess. Food and table were fabulous. The discussion was interesting regarding the book. We read, The Other Typist by Suzanne Rindell. I love a book that makes you think and become immersed in another time. Read it soon. I just heard a movie is being made.
 





Great news. A new olive oil and balsamic vinegar store just opened in town. It is called J Olive Company. Linda and Joe were in town, so Jan and I took Linda. Huge urns with so many flavors to choose from. I bought a cranberry pear white balsamic vinegar and lemon infused olive oil. Mixed together they became our salad dressing that night.
 
 
Yes there were lots of people at this party but only one got his picture taken. We celebrated Ed and Cary's birthday. It was also Brian's 30th. We skyped with he and Ashley in Boston. Ashley had decorated their place with pictures of him at all stages of his life for a party. We sang happy birthday to him and cried. This is reminiscent of a story from his toddlerhood when we sang to him and he laid his head down and cried. You have to remember we are not the best singers.
 

The table...so glad Jan found this big ole antique table. We love to crowd around it.
 

Mary Grace and Ryan had us over for lunch the next day after church. We had quiches...imagine that. Plenty of eggs on hand. Daphne was hot and tired after performing with the soccer ball. Those are flower petals not something she tore up.
 
Next up was Ed's birthday dinner. Always make his favorite meal.
 
 
Fried chicken gizzards and livers. I know, I know, it sounds gross but I have perfected the technique. Breast strips for Ivy.
 

Is that perfect gravy or what? He likes to make a well in his (homemade) mashed potatoes and use it as a dip. And don't forget the canned Leseur peas. 
 

The worst part. Thank goodness it is only once a year.

 



1 comment:

  1. Love it when your post back up. So much fun to relive the events. I also liked Pam's tablescape. She is talented. Those "girl" chickens are so pretty. I need at least one of their eggs. MOM

    ReplyDelete