Search This Blog

Thursday, November 14, 2013

slow down...

   ...I can just hear Mom saying "slow down , you are doing too much". Yesterday was no exception. I had to help Candy at frame shop, look at a dining table for another client, make food for last night's worship committee meeting, take some tacos to Mom and deliver chair pads to another client. I had planned a lovely fallish repast for the meeting. Ok scratch that...no time. I'll pick up Pizza Shack pizza, the best pizza ever. I still am determined to make the carrot cake. Mary Grace volunteers to bake it for me. She is a better cook anyway. Buy the ingredients, go home and measure them put the dry ingredients in the bowl. Take them to her. Deliver chairs. Make beef stew at home for dinner. Go to pick up cake and Mary Grace says it doesn't look right. It is very flat and she says it was bubbling. Bubbling? Oh well it will be ok. must be the oven or old baking powder. As I was driving to church, I realized there is only one real explanation...I forgot the flour. Well they ate it said it was fine (it wasn't). Oh well they were so overwhelmed by the Margherita, the Greek and the Veggie Deluxe pizza that it did not matter. Here it is in all its sticky, gooey loveliness.


Here is my new home screen. Maybe I did a little too much good for one day.
 
 
I love this saying though. Oh , and by the way when I got home Ed wanted pizza instead of my beef stew! He used to never want pizza. Good job , Ryan.


1 comment:

  1. John Wesley's rule can be overwhelming . But it is a good goal. By the way how does anyone forget flour? You do need to slow down, MOM You notice it says as long as ever you can? That is the key.

    ReplyDelete