Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

eggsactly what I wanted

     Sophie and Paul have discovered a really great potter. I'm not sure of the artist's name but the pottery is called Pisgah Pottery. I loved their egg plate and she made this one for me.


I had been on the lookout for a kitschy old one in antique stores, but this one is even better. Mom said to stop posting so many delicious food pics, but you have got to see this one.
 

We had book club at my friend Sue's house. Her neighbor and good friend is an excellent cookie baker. She bakes several dozen at a time and freezes them. She says they like to eat them frozen! These were pumpkin chocolate chip. They were so moist and good. We read the book Orphan Train. Wow, you think you know so much history and then you learn something completely new. The Orphan Train was a real phenomenon from 1890's to 1930's. Orphans or children given up due to circumstances were sent on trains to live with families who needed them out west. The were mostly used as cheap farm labor. Very interesting stories.


1 comment:

  1. I am reading Orphan Train now. Sad stories. I am sorry they are true. MOM

    ReplyDelete