Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

memories...

     ...or the failing memories of middle aged women...Candy and I were headed out for fireplace implements. She handed me the garage door remote and said  "Good Luck". She had been having trouble getting it to work. Well I was gloating as it drifted closed on my first try. Ha, I've got the touch. As soon as it touched down, it started it's slow ascent back open! Try it again. Closed on the first push. As soon as it touched down, it started back up. She said "well that is a new trick for the door". We tried it another time or two and Candy says "I'm glad I brought snacks". Another try and then she says "wait, I think that I see my purse". Sure enough there sat her purse, right in the path of the door, so every time the door hit it, the sensor reopened.

 
After we recovered from our laughing fit, we drove away. We finally found a perfect match for dog playdates.
 
 
Daphne and Gibbs. They were both exhausted afterward. Score! And this was dinner.
 
 
Shrimp and Grits. It is really not too much trouble. I just made regular cheese grits not the baked kind. Turned out great.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. You have to stop showing me your dinner, Your cheese grits looked so good. I just ate a wonderful plain tomato sandwich for my lunch with a perfect pear with ginger snaps. So there........wish you had my lunch? Mom

    ReplyDelete