Search This Blog

Monday, November 4, 2013

be kind, be kind, be kind

     I used to tell my girls that there were 3 important things to remember...be kind, be kind, be kind. It helps in most situations. I just witnessed a random act of kindness and wanted to report it . The garbage truck had been running late all day and had just gotten to our street about 5:00. I was just pulling in my street and saw my neighbor standing out front of her house holding 3 bottles of powerade. I realized she was waiting for the truck to come by. When they stopped at her house she handed them to the driver and 2 guys on the back! After a long day like that I'm sure they appreciated it.
    That reminds me of a time, well really several times, my mom tipped a restroom cleaning lady at a department store at the mall. She said   "I appreciate how lovely you keep this restroom, Thank you"! How is that for kindness? I'm not a big quoter of scripture, but something in one Rob read struck me. It was Luke 6.30 "Give to everyone who begs from you; and if anyone takes away your goods, do not ask for them again. Do to others as you would have them do to you".
     Met Vick for lunch. It was such a beautiful day so we wanted to sit outside.


Look at the color of that sky! it was perfect.
 
 
Oyster poboy! Not Pensacola good , but pretty good. Oh , and I tipped the waiter well....even though the service was pretty bad. They were packed and I knew it was not his fault. Do something kind for no reason today.


1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you!! I try to be kind and everyday find someone who needs it, What goes around--comes around as the saying goes. And it is true, Oyster poboy. Sounds soooo good. MOM

    ReplyDelete