Search This Blog

Monday, November 18, 2013

apple of my eye

    ....so Sophie and I went to Mary Grace's house to watch her cook. It is a sight to behold.
                                                               The detritus of a pie...


It takes a lot of Fuji apple to make a big pie.
 
 
Didn't get to see it baked until we had Thanksgiving potluck lunch at Broadmeadow on Sunday. It was a lot of fun and tons of good food was there. She also made Ivy's favorite, Chicken Spectacular. Want the recipe?  Another well loved oldie. This is even it Vicki's handwriting from back when we were still working at Broom Corn Fabrics.
 

This makes a very full 13 x 9 pan. It was so gorgeous this morning. Sunny and cool. I sat on the deck reading a great book. It is so mesmerizing. I am almost done with it and still can't predict the ending. It is Before the Poison by Peter Robinson.

 
Leaves are just changing in our yard.
 

1 comment:

  1. My favorite time of the year is fall. Lots of reasons, you would not want me to list them. Apple pie is one of them.

    ReplyDelete