Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

stealing the show

We were all so proud of my mom Monday night. She was in a play at her retirement village. It was so fun the see them all having a blast and entertaining all their friends and families. It was a cute play about waiting in a doctor's office. They really have a good time poking fun at themselves. Mom played the role of a naughty little boy and her good friend played his mama. Very much enjoyed it. Here's to next year! This is her in on stage.

 
In costume with sunflowers from Mary Grace
 
 
In character! We all thought she looked like her late brother Jack.
 
 
I've been helping a clint redo her living room. Changing colors...getting rid of ornate gold...new lamps...new rug, tablecloths etc. Yesterday I did something I like to do, which is reorganize bookcases and add new things. It is fun for them for me to do it while they are gone. Then it is a big surprise when they get home. Ashley, remember when you helped me do this once? It is much easier with two. I'm not as nimble on a ladder as I used to be :(   This is before...
 
 
Some of the new things are already in place (like the turquoise vases). She had so much pretty pottery in her cabinets and I just rummaged around until I found great pieces. The painting originally had a HUGE gold frame that we replaced. We painted the walls this gorgeous soft gray
 

 
 
 

 


1 comment:

  1. Nice review! Thanks. I liked the before and after pictures. We tend to want to show all our "stuff" at one time, when less is better. MOM

    ReplyDelete