Search This Blog

Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

Ok, so I'm going to go out of chronological order here because I can't wait to post about my Mother's Day. As a tradition we usually go camping on Mother's Day. Jan and I came up with this idea when our children we very young and this was our present to ourselves. This year we are going next week due to Sophie's job. That left us open on Mom's day. Well Sophie, Mary Grace and Cary swung into action and planned the perfect fete for us. Sophie and Paul's precious new house served as the bucolic spot for the feast. She needs to post a house tour to do it justice...so I will just show the event.
 
 
We also celebrated Ivy's receiving her GED. I'm so proud of her. She wouldn't let me take her picture.

 
They have a lovely arbor over their deck.

 
My lovely mom. Typical happy face David

 
Ryan fits right in. I must point out those are bottles of water

 
Can you spot the baby?

 
all we are lacking is a Linda!

 
Mary Grace made this for me out of one of the aforementioned spool ends. Isn't it great. I also must sheepishly point out the gin and tonic chillin on the table. Both Mary Grace and Sophie gave me a bottle of Bombay Sapphire gin...my favorite. I am so humbled and awed at the wonderful women they have become.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Love your new table that Mary Grace made. I am also awed by my girls, All of them. Mom.

    ReplyDelete