Search This Blog

Friday, May 3, 2013

Rainy day


So it's about the 3rd day in a row for rain here. We get the April showers bring May flowers thing, Mother Nature, but enough is enough . They need a little sunshine too! So no work to do, no errands to run...what should I do? Clean house? Do laundry? nah

 
This is what Truffles and I decided to do
 

Toby agreed from inside the hut. I hope you realize that not many people get to actually go inside the hut, but there you are.That book I'm reading is fantastic. The writer wrote it during the time France was occupied by Germany. She later died at Auschwitz and the work was only discovered by her daughters in 2006 when it was published. It is so hard to imagine the terror of that time. The relationships formed between German soldiers and the French villagers are so complicated. She can write in such a way that you can feel exactly how they must have felt. Great read if you need one!


This is a necessary companion while reading. Coffee in my Jade Fireking mug. Family lore has it that my Grandaddy Brown got several of these while renovating a downtown restaurant. He was a cabinet maker. I like to picture who may have sat in a Capitol street window booth looking out at Jackson in the 30's or 40's. A drug store clerk girl, a young bank teller ?

These are very collectible now but I would rather use mine. It is so thick that it feels like drinking from a marble cup. I have three of these and two white ones. So now go read a good book!

 
 

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful day. I love a rainy day. Call me weird. Love the story about the coffee cup. You got it right, Daddy brought things like that from time to time. He was very talented at his craft.Being a kid, I never knew what to say when asked what my daddy did. Mama said be proud of what he did. I am now. Mom

    ReplyDelete