Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Spring?

So the first day of spring was March 20th. Then why is it so cold? Pepper (devil cat) is running from window to window watching the little finches outside eating the little seeds that are falling from our elm trees. We have also had beautiful flocks of cedar waxwings that have come through filling up on berries. So pretty...when Jan and I were walking one day we looked up and saw an entire tree filled with them. From underneath they are a beautiful green exactly the color of the new growth of the tree. It was amazing. They looked like little moving, twittering leaves. Speaking of green....


Amy (my friend Amy) and I had these fabulous zucchini beignets at Anjou. Crunchy on the outside tender and tasty on the inside with a feta cheese dip.
 

So I finally finished the latest Stephen King book, 11-22-63. I assume its the latest. He writes one a month I think. Candy accuses him of getting paid by the page. Haven't read one of his in a while but I must admit I really enjoyed it. The guy can write a story and you just can't help but believe that this stuff really could happen. So it was a satisfying if long read. Now I'm ready for something a little deeper and I don't mean in inches! I have a couple of candidates on my reading table.
 

2 comments:

  1. You brought back memories of Cedar Waxwings on Riverwood. We watched them stripp a cherry tree (I think) across the street. They are amazing. When do you have time to read? When you should be sleeping? Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read whenever I have time. sometimes daytime but mostly at night when Ed is watching TV shows I don't like - like Swamp People, Love it or List it but I do pay attention when its Duck Dynasty...its like a train wreck, you can't look away

    ReplyDelete