Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Bell ringing

So our UMW Circle volunteered to take a day of bell ringing for Salvation Army at the kettle at McDade’s in Maywood Mart. I have never done that so I was a little nervous. My friend BP and I showed up ready to serve. They could not find our aprons and bells. We stood awkwardly for a bit...getting donations ...until a truck arrived with our supplies. A scheduling snafu . 



We did great. About 15 minutes before our 2 hour shift ended we heard someone loudly singing “ring my bell, ring my bell”, an old 80’s song in the parking lot.  It was Candy and Anna. They took our pic. 



The rule is - don’t touch the money. Stick provided to punch bills in. It was a great experience. People are so kind and generous. 

1 comment:

  1. I am proud of you. Truman was joining Candy and Anna in singing from heaven I am sure. It was one thing he did every year for Civitan. MOM

    ReplyDelete