Search This Blog

Friday, November 11, 2016

Signs of fall

 

Sophie had a craving for my Chex Mix and asked me to send her mine. I have honed this recipe for years since getting it from a co worker at Broom Corn Fabrics. It was originally Mitzi's mix but I adjusted it to my taste. You are welcome.

 

I tucked into Target a few days ago with 20 minutes to kill. There were lovely clothes everywhere if I only had time to shop! Well I returned with plenty of time. Oh, lord. I took 12 items in. Horrible. I looked like a tea kettle wearing a tea cozy in this one. 

 

Candy and I had a day at the Kalalou Outlet. There are always interesting finds there. The winner for this day was this driftwood baby Jesus. And a bargain at $25!

 

Book Club at Pam's!  Fall is her favorite season. There were little vignettes of beauty everywhere. 

 

The main table had bronze, copper and velvet pumpkins. 

 

Loved the teal one! The food was excellent. I once again gobbled it up without a photo. It was an excellent pork loin, rice consume, palmetto cheese rolls and a beautiful salad presented in stripes of nuts, goat cheese, strawberries and mandarin oranges. All followed by pecan pie. 

 

We finished our day on her front porch. She has a beautiful persimmon tree out there. 

 

We reminisced about our childhood memories of these trees. I remembered that older kids would trick younger kids into tasting the fruit before it was ripe. It was so bitter that it would draw your mouth up. 

1 comment:

  1. You lead an interesting and varied life. I need to borrow baby Jesus driftwood. Remember the Layton's had a persimmon tree and they made persimmon ice cream or was it sherbet? MOM

    ReplyDelete