Search This Blog

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Advent begins

 

Started the morning with a favorite post Thanksgiving breakfast. Spent the rest of the morning with other great helpers decorating the church for Advent. Then headed home where Ed had bought our tree. 

 

I decided to do the Wedding tree. This was what I did the year Sophie and Paul got married. I used the streamers we used to wave them goodbye. I can hardly believe it has been 4 years. 

 

Simmering in the background was leftover turkey soup. I used the legs and wings to start. Followed up with all the summer veggie ends I had been freezing and saving. All the lady peas, butter beans and corn make the soup great. 

 

My new additions for this year. Love the simplicity of green, white and silver. 

 

I love these little brush trees. They remind me of the one I used as my Barbie's Christmas tree. I surely did live through my doll's eyes. I always had their house set up on top of a big ole cedar chest. There were rooms divided by rugs I made from fabric to anchor the furniture ( Danish Modern of course)   Guess my future career was predictable. 

1 comment:

  1. You created a Winter Wonderland!! How beautiful. Maybe I will get to see it. You did have a happy child hood I believe? I know I enjoyed you.

    ReplyDelete