Search This Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Stop Hunger Now

Had a great time today at a meal packing event for Stop Hunger Now. 


It was pretty amazing. Here is the set up. They have it down to a science. 


Huge bags of rice, soy protein and dried veggies are unloaded. 


Bins are set up


Funneling stations allow us to fill bags which are then sent to the weighing and sealing tables. 


Nan and I looked lovely as I measured rice and she measured soy protein. 


Kathy worked the measuring table. 


Here our leader explains that each box will feed 216 people who are chronically hungry. 


Here is our team. A pastor from Port Gibson and his wife and surprisingly Jason Harms. He is the son of my good friend and pastor Diane Harms! She was my pastor at Madison UMC. He is now at Briarwood UMC. Small world. What a great feeling this was. 

1 comment:

  1. My heart swelled to see you work at such a good cause. I am glad you could have this experience. MOM

    ReplyDelete