Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Mushrooms and peppers

The daily rains continue to make mushrooms pop up everywhere. 


This one was in Mary Grace and Ryan's front yard. 


To give you a sense of scale!


The girls used to love these. We called them puffballs. They emitted a puff of smoke when you poked or stepped on it. It was really just spores coming out of the little hole in the top. 


We thought this one looked like a mini loaf of banana bread. 


I've been craving stuffed peppers. Decided to venture out with these other colors since they were on sale and beautiful. 


Turkey and brown rice. Aren't I virtuous?


Colorful enough?


They were so big. This recipe usually makes 10-12. I thought I might cry when I finished my serving. Dieting will do that to you. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope you saved me one of those beautiful stuffed peppers. Also the mushrooms have had a good season with so much rain and heat. MOM

    ReplyDelete