Search This Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Fungi and moss

Who loves high temperatures and even higher humidity? Fungi and mosses.


Here are a few mushrooms that have flourished in this heat and almost daily downpours. 


They really are quite beautiful. 


However, some look like slugs. 


A little colony. 


They accommodate existing plants. 


More slugs. 


Little marshmallows. 


Mosses love it too. 


A close up. 


Some even look sooty. 


Truffles leads the way on a mossy path. By the way I was melting at this point. When I went inside the evening news said the heat index was 107!! I really sacrifice for the blog. 


Stone from the Ellis homestead...turning green.  I'll never forget my sweet Paul carrying this from our Riverwood home. He was very new to the family and it was soooo heavy. I knew then Sophie had a good one. 


The old golf green is almost all moss. Hey, we meant to do that! It is a feature to future home buyers. 

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely stroll down Mushroom-Mossy lane. And slugs doting the way. You have an eye for beauty and the ability to find a nice hot day to observe!! Loved the blog. MOM

    ReplyDelete