Search This Blog

Saturday, May 23, 2015

so much stuff...just bear with me

It is Memorial Day weekend...so what does that mean? At our house...war movies. As  I type,  the sounds of John Wayne's Green Beret are blasting in the next room.
 
May is always a busy month. Endings and new beginnings...I get emotional. First came Sital's wedding. Sophie and Sital have been friends for so long. They had a traditional Indian wedding. Her husband Kiger is an American Korean guy. He was a real trooper during the hour and a half long ceremony. No pictures can be taken during the wedding , so this is after.
 
 
She had 3 wardrobe changes. This white one was second. She was so beautiful.

 
Brides, and female friends get henna tattoos called Mendhis. Hidden somewhere on her arms and  legs is hidden the name of the groom. He is to find it on their wedding night.

 
Cutting the cake. The food was fabulous. On Monday I was craving Indian food. I called Sophie and she and Paul took me to Spice Avenue for a fix. I am totally hooked.
 
Pizza Shack Madison update.

 
Clean, clean, clean.

 
Thanks to a few great employees the place sparkles.

 
Brody stopped in the check the progress.

 
Yes , that is Dad, David on the ladder.

 
Lucy and I spent a couple of days looking for things to finish the restaurant. Searching for a fountain for the patio.

 
I'm sorry, these hats were so bad.

 
Michael's...oh please. Sent this to Amy, who hates flip flops.

 
Book Club at  Priscilla's . Homemade crab cakes. So good.

 
Shortly after this we solved all the world's problems. You are welcome.
 
Ok...y'all are not going to believe this next bit, but I swear it is true.

 
Candy has lost so much weight. She was holding a plate of watermelon and turned around and her pants fell off. Yes I said they fell off. I want that to happen to me.

 
Some of the framed art for Pizza Shack. Ryan used the old fence boards yet again. Well I have to go I hear the part where John Wayne befriends the little Vietnamese boy. Sniff sniff.

2 comments:

  1. The Shack looks great. Lot of help. I need to find out how Candy lost the weight. I am having trouble feeling comfortable in my shorts. Of course some of them are at least 10 years old.. Yes Dottie came back but today she did not show up. I guess she is really gone. Sad. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Position the next 4x4 on the latch side of the gate, and secure it vertically to the horizontal 4x4, using one of those post to beam brackets. wood fence styles

    ReplyDelete