Search This Blog

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Lucy's home.
 
 
We had a Cinco de Mayo party to welcome her back.

 
Priscilla and I met at the new Thai place for lunch.

 
I love the coconut soup. It is even better than the old Pan Asia which I have been missing.
 
Ok...get ready for the coolest thing you will hear all day. I kept noticing cicada shells. Well this seemed too early for them to me.  

 
 I saw a live one and it was black with red eyes. Curious as I am I looked this little guy up. I found all the answers at cicadamania.com. I am not making this up. They are a periodical cicada called magicadia. They only come out every 13 or 17 years. This is different from the big old green ones we see in late summer. Those stay in the ground for 7 years but some emerge every year. These come out in broods, only on those years. Well the ones around here are brood XXIII. Someone has been keeping up with this since the 1940's. There was even a place to report your sighting, which of course I did. That means a little cicada popped up on the map where I live.

 
Here one is resting before flying away. They will live about 4 weeks, mate, lay eggs and die.
 
Here I am in the latest style...paper shirt. This is the little closet they make you wait in before your mammogram. Don't worry, it was just routine.

 
Right after I took this I tried to sit on that little table and knocked that stack of paper shirts off.

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to tell me about the mammogram. I guess I am different--I tell all. Hope for a good report. I knew a little about the cicada, Learned more from you. MOM

    ReplyDelete