Search This Blog

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Jack's room

Just realized that I did not publish the last post of the Brown house. Here it is. Be sure to see post before this about book club.

Ok...we are on the home stretch with Mamaw's house. Let's cross the hall to Jack's room. Jack was born 12 years after my mom. She to this day declares she prayed him into this world. He was too young for World War II . He was a teenager in the 50's. How cool is that? He loved hot rods, Fats Domino and everything else of his era. I got to stay in his room.....so cool. When my mom and dad went out of town for business trips I got to stay with Mamaw. There was an Art Deco bedroom set....a cool light that clipped  on the headboard that turned on with the pull of a beaded chain. I refinished this set. It was my guest room until it was Sophie's nursery. When the girls got older and wanted teenager furnishings, Kathy took it for a while. Now it is in Jan's house.


In the top drawer of the dresser were Little Big Books. Look them up. Old magic tricks. Baseball cards. Dice. Dominoes. Marbles. Cool stuff.  Not even close to what was in the closet...cars....lots of cars.  Cars that Jack had made...and painted. Apparently boys used to melt metal and MAKE their own cars and army men! I loved them. He had painted all the little details on them. I hope his girls treasure them. I eventually took his old furniture and refinished it. It turned out gorgeous.  Once again the finish had turned black. Now look at all the pretty wood.


Also check out those pulls with the faux topaz.
So here we end our Brown tour. Love my family. 

1 comment:

  1. I did not remember all the pretty wood. I do know Daddy loved it. Thanks for the tour. Now I can put it in my Memory Bank (for later.) Mom

    ReplyDelete