Search This Blog

Monday, September 1, 2014

The Beautiful and the Ugly

First the beautiful. We celebrated my lovely friend Pam's birthday this week.
 

She and her birthday dessert were sights to behold.
 

Interestingly enough this dessert was mentioned in the new Find it in Fondren issue a day or two later. It is the chocolate silk tower. Be sure to read the new fall magazine at finditinfondren.com or pick up a beautiful copy.
 
Now for the ugly. I've commented before that I have a love / slightly squeamish relationship with quinoa. I made this salad for church pot luck.
 

Hmmm. What do y'all think. Gray pasta just seems a little weird to me. It tasted great with lime, cumin and cilantro. People must have braved it though, because it was consumed. We had a great day at Broadmeadow. We were back in the newly painted sanctuary and I didn't hear anything but positive comments. Maybe I can come out of anonymity as one of the color selectors. Of course I took no pictures but you can see it all on Broadmeadow's facebook page. Mom I'll show you how to look at it later.
 
While I was typing this post, I got a text from Mary Grace.
 

Their first blue green egg. I want that as a paint color.





No comments:

Post a Comment