Search This Blog

Friday, September 19, 2014

something out of nothing

I have to admit that I am a disorganized meal planner and shopper. This results in numerous Kroger visits to grab a few things. It also results in not wanting to grocery shop when I need to. I had been scraping the barrel grocerywise for a few days. Determined to make do with what I had, I started digging. Leftover brown rice became pilaf with sesame seasoning, chicken broth and toasted almonds.
 
 
That seemed to call for teriyaki chicken.
 

Found some eggplant in the fridge drawer, lurking about threatening to go bad.
 

Mary Grace looked so cute in her new scrubs yesterday. She is starting on the clinical part of her training. Of course she would not cooperate for a good pic.
 
Saw this sign at Arby's yesterday.
 

Not sure how to feel about a meat mountain.
 
Oh, and here is to show that Ryan was ahead of his time with his kilt.
 

Lucy sent this shot of Colbert joking about the Scotland vote. Have to admit I was sort of sad they did not decide to become independent. But I guess it is none of my business since my ancestors, both McNeil and McBeth left the country over 200 years ago.


1 comment:

  1. I would say you did great with "nothing." I wish the kilt thing would sort of catch on. Just "sort of catch on.) Not every one has those good looking legs like Truman did.

    ReplyDelete