Search This Blog

Sunday, April 2, 2023

Sentimental journey

Amy2 needed to drive to Shreveport to exchange her leased Subaru. She asked Mary Grace and I to ride with her. 



We were happy to go. I say sentimental journey because we traveled through her growing up town of Minden and Monroe where she went to college. First stop was in the town of Delta, LA. This is right across the river from Vicksburg. It where you go for lottery tickets and daiquiris to GO. 



Music, pool and spirits it says. 



Next up lunch at Ray’s Pe Ce. Home of poboys and gravy on everything. 



She said the employees were as unkind as always. 



Fried chicken and roast beef poboys. 



I was laughing at my receipt because it said Amy2 which is what I call her. I quit laughing when I saw I got a senior discount that I DIDN’T ask for…



We drove through the campus of University of Louisiana Monroe. Poor Amy. Most of what she tried to show us was gone. This is a terrible picture of the beautiful bayou that runs through campus. 



Lunch the next day was here. The sign caught my eye. Amy said she didn’t remember much about the food. She was there for the boys. 



But the food was great. Gizzard basket. 



Came with Cajun rice. 



MG and I shared gizzards and shrimp. There was so much that I brought most of it home. 



Happy to see these mugs. 





1 comment:

  1. DOWN MEMORY LANE, SOMETIME IT DOES NOT LOOK THE SAME? THAT IS WHAT THE MEMORY BANK IS FOR. TO REMEMEBER. HOW SWEET TO TRY. THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES. I RELY ON THEM. MOM

    ReplyDelete