Search This Blog

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Quarantine lopes on



The ultimate comfort food...Aunt Charlotte’s brownies. Moist inside , crunchy on top. Perfect



Also in the perfection category... Ed made ribs. Rub a dub dub. Also nod to Mamaw Ellis with her enamel pan which I use constantly. 



Corn salad to go with ribs. 😍



We have a really red squirrel lately in our yard. Caught him riding my pig!



Also...if your fridge light goes out...do you lose all hope?



Ok. Cousin Karen sent me a picture of a cute cabinet for sale  that was supposedly a radio cabinet. She is always on the look out for cool old things. I sent her a picture of our Grandmother’s radio cabinet. When I got this it was black and what refinishers call “alligatored”. Crackled finish. I stripped it to find all these lovely different woods. 



Karen remembered turning knobs on it. Here they are. 



My mom remembers coming home from high school and turning this switch to hear news of the war or programs. 



 The dial to change stations.  “Tune in”. 



The actual radio is still there. I doubt it could still work. I remember going with Dad to get new “tubes” for the TV. Crazy? You can see it is an Airline radio from Montgomery Ward. 

2 comments:

  1. Moms brownies are just that...perfect! Love the enamel tray. Enjoyed going down memory lane with you via text.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there going down memory lane. best place to be--for a little while. MOM

    ReplyDelete